What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Saturday, January 28, 2006

Can I get a "Fuck Yeah!"

I went to the Wheaton Library today--mentioned in another post--to see what I could round up.

18 bucks got me:

Clive Cussler - Sahara ($1.00) - I liked the movie and I've heard mixed reviews on the book. If it entertains me as much as the film, I'm good.

Stephen Hunter - Black Light (50¢) - It's a Bob Swagger book. And I think I already own it.

Richard Laymon - No Sanctuary (.50¢), To Wake the Dead ($1.00), Endless Night ($1.50) - Laymon's always a good read.

Tim Lebbon - Fears Unnamed (.50¢), Face (.50¢) - I've enjoyed Lebbon's short stories. Let's see what he can do with his longer work.

Jeff Long - The Descent ($2.00) - I bought this on a whim that it may be based on the movie.

George Pelecanos - Soul Circus ($1.00) - Pelecanos is a native of DC, and I've enjoyed everything I've read. I think I might already have this one, too.

Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child - The Relic ($1.50), Brimstone ($1.50), The Cabinet of Curiosities ($1.50), Thunderhead (.50¢) - Yes I re-purchased Relic. I shall give it another shot after Still Life With Crows.

Various - Dark Destiny: Proprietors of Fate ($1.50), From the Borderlands ($1.50) - I may have that Borderlands one.

But here's the one that made the trip completely worth it. If I had gone and only found this book, it would have been a most successful trip. Everything else today was just icing on the cake.



Richard Laymon - Cuts

This was a Cemetery Dance limited edition with a retail price of 40 dollars.

I about shit my pants when I saw it, especially since it's in damn good condition all things considered.

The price?

.50¢

Can I get a "Fuck Yeah!"