What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bad Business is not bad.

I finished up my second Spenser novel, Bad Business and it was pretty enjoyable.

However, it read very much like Potshot. The story was completely different, but Spenser, the obvious main character, seemed to have the same dialogue.

But that's not to say the dialogue is not witty, it's very witty. Almost too witty.

One of the great things about the Robert Crais' "Elvis Cole" series is while Cole is witty as piss, he never goes over-the-top.

Spenser has a tendency to do that.

That said, I have no doubt I will read more of Parker's Spenser novels because they are enjoyable, and quick, reads. But I don't think I could read them one after another like I can do with Crais, or more recently, Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" series.