What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Sunday, January 22, 2006

An old friend.

I finally read Michael Connelly's The Closers. I don't know why it took me so long as I've had the book for about three months now and it's a Harry Bosch novel.

Maybe subliminally I didn't want to read it too soon because usually I knock out a Connelly novel quickly, then get pissed off and have to wait for the next novel.

But that can't be it because he also has The Lincoln Lawyer out (albeit it's not a Bosche novel).

It was probably all those damn Lee Child novels that I was reading.

Anyway, Closers celebrates the return of Bosche to the LAPD, working in the Cold Case division. He's on thin ice from the get go, because of his actions when he left the force, and he has to watch his step as there are people waiting for him to screw up.

Closers is a decent Bosche novel, but not one of my favorites. I can't put my finger on why, though. However, I do like the route Connelly is taking with Bosche, having him work cold cases. It just seems that is where he's been heading that way all along.

I just placed my bid on eBay for The Lincoln Lawyer. I'll know if I won in 1/2 hour.