What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Monday, August 29, 2005

The Forgotten Man is far from forgettable

If there is one person I could pick to back my ass in a fight it would be, hands down, Joe Pike.

Unfortunately, in Robert Crais' newest novel, The Forgotten Man, there isn't much of Pike.

But that's okay because the book still kicks much ass.

World's Greatest Detective, Elvis Cole, decides to track down the identity of a man who claimed he was Cole's father with his dying words. And of course, nothing is ever easy when Cole is on the case.

Another solid, and I mean rock solid, Elvis Cole novel.

Crais is, as usual, at the top of his game and I enjoyed the hell out of this.

Now if he and Michael Connelly would team up and do a Bosche/Cole book, it would rock.

If you have never read a Robert Crais book, do yourself a favor and start with The Monkey's Raincoat. If you enjoy that, read the rest of the Cole/Pike series as every damn one of them is good.