What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I finished Oogie Boogie Central

But I'll post my thoughts later (they actually may be detailed and fluent!).

I grabbed Michael Laimo's Deep in the Darkness. I have a funny story about Laimo, but I'm going to read this book before I post it.

I've read the first 3 chapters already and the story thus far is a a man moves his wife, kid and dog from the big city to the country where he will become the local doctor. Soon after arriving to his house, he is befriended by his neighbor and invited to eat lunch with him.

And the woods are creepy.

Sounds like the beginning of Pet Sematary, but I'm pretty sure it won't go that way, and even if it does, I'll still read it. I've read a short story or two of Laimo's and I dig his style.



I also knocked out Kolchak The Night Stalker. It was surprisingly ho-hum. Good art, good story, but missing something. Pretty blah.