What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Saturday, July 30, 2005

Score!

Today, on a whim, I went to The Book Nook. I haven't been there in a while, so I figured it would be a good time to scope for any new books.

One great thing about The Book Nook is it actually has a horror section. Most book stores either lop in horror with the science fiction/fantasy or just puts them in fiction all together (with a shelf devoted to King and Koontz). But not the Nook. A Horror section all to its glorious self. In addition, it has sections devoted to particular authors. They have the standard King and Koontz section, but they also have Rice (ugh), Wilson (F. Paul) and Lumley.

Apparently, the store has had a run on traded in horror books. A good run.

35 bucks netted...

Wetbones - John Shirley
Dark Universe - William F. Nolan
Atmosphere - Michael Laimo
The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson
Exquisite Corpse and Wormwood - Poppy Z. Brite
Resurrection Dreams and Bite - Richard Laymon
Desolation - Tim Lebbon
The Wyrm - Stephen Laws

and one non-horror

The Day Before Midnight - Stephen Hunter

God, I am a dork.