What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Sunday, July 24, 2005

Oogie Boogie thoughts

After finishing a Oogie Boogie Central, I had an immediate thought--I hope there's a sequel.

Stephen Lukac did a helluva job with his first novel. It was entertaining as hell and he has a solid voice. But the biggest beef I had with the book is he had characters (known as gatherers)that were key to the book, but he never really developed on them until the last chapter or so, and by then it was too late.

He did a great job fleshing out his main characters and, even though I was getting frustrated by not knowing very much about the gatherers, the book was well written enough to hold my attention to the end.

I hope there is a sequel to this book so the gatheres are fleshed out more, as I would like to know their histories and find out more about what they are.

And, while this post is vague, if I were to go further into detail, I would be spoiling the book.

Either way, it was an enjoyable read--a strong first book that shows a lot of promise for Lukac. Shocklines carries it for under 20 bucks.