What I am reading on my way to work. Because you care.


Friday, July 01, 2005

Havana is done, next stop Oogie Boogie Central

Well I knocked out Havana today.

Um.

It was a good book, but definitely not one of my favorites of the series. It started off strong and, up until about halfway through, it kind of ran out of steam.

I wasn't disappointed, because it was still solid, but it wasn't the non-stop ride I was used to from Hunter. It's kind of like if you have a favorite director who is usually consistently solid, but puts out a film that, while you enjoy it, just didn't quite reach your expectations (for me it would be Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl).

It won't, by any means, stop me from eagerly buying and plowing through his next one. I'm actually already looking forward to it--but I am hoping it's a Bob Lee book.

I'll probably jump back into Oogie Boogie tomorrow. And I'll give a little blurb on what it's about, as well.